General Information

For a landlord in Texas to remove you from your home, they must go through a formal legal proceeding to receive something called a “writ of possession.” This is a law suit filed in the Justice of the Peace Court for the precinct where you live. But before they can file that law suit, state law requires that certain notices be given to you. You may get a “Notice to Vacate” saying you must vacate within a few days, which is one of the required notices. This does not mean you actually need to move out. Only a court order can force you to leave. Contact us immediately if you receive a notice regarding eviction.